Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Prouty

Some of you may know that for the last two years I have had the honor of riding in the Prouty Bike Ride and Fitness walk. Each year, many people (thousands? can't remember) ride and walk in the community of Dartmouth to raise money for cancer research at the Norris Cotton Cancer Center (of which I am still a proud employee). The nurses at the cancer center have had a team for a few years now called "Team Hope" and have ridden in support of and in honor of our patients.

Sadly, I will not return from Uganda in time to join the team this year in riding, but I wanted to send them greetings and encouragement as they train and prepare for this year's ride in July. I also want them to know that I am with them in spirit, and I spent some time "training" on a bike in the village of Hoima to try and get into the spirit of the ride. The pictures of that training session are below.





Just so you know, neither the chicken, the child, or the cows were harmed in the taking of these photos.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

One of the chicken, cow, biking in a skirt pics is now on my computer's desktop... how do you do all that with a skirt?

9:11 PM  
Blogger Christi-Lynn said...

Well, it involved a lot of assistance. The child was put on the bike after I started riding (which, in and of itself was very scary). The chicken, in general, freaked me out. The whole thing lasted about ten seconds and to tell you the truth, my skirt has been held together by safety pins since that incident!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not sure about the poor chicken - it looks as if its headed for someone's cooking pot! Stay well and safe - we're looking forward to seeing you.
Much love, with lots of prayers for your safety and well-ness.
Grandma Brown

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard it hurt. Thanks for the support. We all miss you. See you soon.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home